Australia Day in Tel Aviv
Brought to you by the Aussie expat community ...
Australia Day in Israel Constitution Act Protected content
Preamble: Let all Aussie expats, visiting Aussies and their friends (henceforth: "the members") come together to celebrate the 225th anniversary of the beginning of British penal transportation to the colony of New South Wales. Come one, come all!
1. There shall be an Australia Day Piss Up in the city of Tel Aviv on Saturday, January 26, Protected content , so that twelve months shall not have intervened between this year's Piss Up and the previous year's Piss Up.
2. This year's Piss Up shall be held at Meir Bar (henceforth: "the public house"). The public house is located at Protected content St., approximately half way between Arlozorov and Ben Gurion streets.
3. The Piss Up shall commence at 7:00 P.M and end at 10 P.M.:--
(i.) From 7:00 P.M. until 9:00 P.M., the public house shall be reserved for the members. Aussie rock will be broadcast over the sound system. There will be a drinks deal on "chasers" (although it would be un-Australian to drink anything but beer and eat anything but lamb on our national holiday).
(ii.) From 9:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. the music will be changed, and the publican will prepare for a regular Saturday night.
(iii.) Members are expected to know the lyrics to Aussie classics like Holy Grail, Khe Sanh, and Power and the Passion, and to sing aloud in unison when such classics are played over the speakers.
4. At the end of the official Piss Up, the hoi-polloi will be permitted entry into the public house. Members may remain inside the pub and continue drinking until closing time if they wish.
5. For those from south of the Murray or west of the Great Dividing Range, a curtain-raiser will take place in the form of a game of Australian Rules football. The game will commence at 3 P.M. and end at approximately 5 P.M. at the going down of the sun. It will be held on the north bank of Park Hayarkon, between the baseball diamond and the Bnei Yehuda soccer field.
6. This Constitution shall not be altered except in the following manner:--
The proposed law for the alteration thereof must be passed a majority of members qualified to vote on Australia Day Piss Up regulations.