Join now

Working in Valencia

Hello, I am new to this forum and was hoping for some advice.

I am a primary school teacher in the UK and my family and I have decided that we would like to move to Spain (Valencia in particular) at the end of next summer Protected content .

We have been talking about this for some time now and feel that the time is right to make the move. It will be myself, my husband and our little boy who will be 8 when we move. I have previously lived in a different part of Spain (Almeria Protected content ago before I met my husband and only came back to the UK because my mum became very ill.

Anyway, I am hoping to find a teaching job, possibly in one of the international schools and hopefully my little boy will go to the same school. My question is more about the likelihood of my husband finding work. He is currently working in the construction industry for large housing developments (new builds etc). I have heard that unemployment is quite high in Spain and wondered whether you think it is likely he will be able to find work in construction or whether he will have to look for something else? I know we are still a year away from our move and things can change but am just looking to get an idea at the moment.
Thank you for all your help.
Laura

Valencia Forum

Our Global Partners