Join now

Participants in Research for Master Thesis (Vienna)

TELL ME YOUR STORY!
Participation in Research for Master Thesis

Dear interview partner!

My name is Maximilian Backfrieder, and I could use your support. In order to complete my Master Studies at Vienna University, I chose the topic of my final thesis to be highly skilled migrants and their motivation for moving to Vienna.

What do I mean with Highly Skilled Migrants?
The official definition of a highly skilled migrant (HSM) is inconsistent. For my research, a person that has an academic education of at least a bachelor’s degree received outside of Austria fits the requirements. Furthermore, the person should not live in Vienna for longer than five years to generate experiences concerning motivation in the decision-making process to be as fresh as possible. The goal of this research is to find out about Vienna’s appeal to the international labor market and patterns and structures that foster and/or impede work mobility.

How is the research conducted?
The research will not be a simple questionnaire where you mindlessly click your way through. It is more about qualitatively producing knowledge of individuals’ experiences that should give an insight into the development of choices und making important life decisions. An interview of approximately one hour will be held where we talk about what motivated you to eventually deciding to move to Vienna for whatever reason and how this intention became reality! With an eye on details, I am also interested in what played in your favor during the journey or obstacles you had to overcome in order to reach your goals of moving to Vienna.
We will meet up as you see fit, either in person or via web call (Zoom, Skype, etc.). Additionally, I would give you the questions beforehand, so you don’t get put on the spot and can decide if some are too personal. Everything is adaptable!

What’s in it for You?
Everyone’s got a unique and interesting background that needs to be heard and shared with others, especially people who decide to move across borders and entirely change their livelihoods. Maybe you just took to the next step in your impressive career path, relocated for love or you are simply eager for an adventure? Either way, the use of your story can help the understanding of processes that concern a rather significant group of people and enable possible enhancements in their mobility.

Furthermore, a raffle will be held among the approximately 20 participants, with a chance to win two amazon gift cards. Just to make sure that Your effort will not remain unrewarded.

Contact Me
If a participation and the incentives seem of interest to you,
I would be happy to hear from you.
Just contact me here or via Facebook, e-mail Protected content or simply respond to this post.
I am looking forward to getting to know you!
Best, Maximilian

Vienna Forum

Our Global Partners