Tips for Move to Vienna
Hello InterNations Vienna,
I will be moving to Vienna from Los Angeles in mid February with my work, but I will be moving myself (part of negotiations to get back to Europe). I am a European citizen, but I would love tips from Expats for moving to Vienna from overseas, especially since I do not speak German. This includes:
* Apartment searching (I will be working in the 22 district)
* Opening a bank account. In fact, I am currently paid in Euros, to an American Dollar account. Anyone have any idea which bank I can open a Euro account before arrive in Vienna?
* Shipping moving items from the US to Vienna (shipping company, etc)
* For American citizens, what is the deal with paying taxes in both countries
* Any other tips you had not thought about before moving, but would have been useful knowing.
Thank you and see you soon!