Join now

Anyone interested in Slowpitch Softball? (Washington, D.C.)

Hi,

My regular league is about to start on 4/16. We currently have about 12 players on roster, but with some attendance issues here and there, sometimes we are down to 8 or 9 players. Looking to recruit a few more to add to our team.

This is an Adult Slowpitch LGBTQIA+ softball league that typically plays during the Summer season from April to Mid July (Including rainout dates and playoff by end of season). Yes, straight allies are allowed to play in the league also, but we ask that you respect our community as we are promoting a safe space to enjoy the sports we all love.

When: Every Sundays (4/16 until Mid July) - League has the field from 8am until 2/3pm.
Where: Watkins Regional Park (Maryland)
What: USA/ASA Adult Slowpitch Softball
How many Games: Doubleheaders weekly (2 games), each game last about an hour.

Prefer someone who has baseball/softball experience, is a quick learner and competitive in sports as this is an upper division team.

My team also won an auto berth to the World Series that will happen in late August last year as we placed 2nd at the World Series Protected content .

Every year, the world series happens at a different city, duration of the GSWS is 1 week long, and Protected content came to one city from all across the USA to participate in multiple divisions (A,B,C,D,E).

My team is in C Division this year while I played in D last year. Winning top 4 places at the World Series forces the team to move up 1 division for at least 2 years if you intend to return to the World Series.

Every player has to pay a registration fee of $110 to play during the entire league season. Gloves and Bats will be required, but our team players have a lot of bats, so you can potentially borrow a bat during league game to swing instead of spending money buying a new bat until you find one you are comfortable with and intend to buy one.

World Series / Traveling Tournaments are optional, you don't have to commit to them if you cannot make the dates.

If you are interested, please let me know either by replying here, or email me at Protected content .

Even if you aren't very competitive, but looking to join a lower division, I can potentially hook you up with teams that may be looking for players.

Thank you!

Kean

Washington, D.C. Forum

Our Global Partners