There will be a chance to experience Vipassana Meditation in the foothills of Himalaya north of Kathmandu between 15>26th August Protected content . Ideally eta Kathmandu around noon will be best to connect schuttle from Kathmandu to Venue at Dharmashringa where registration starts from 2pm onwards. Dinner will be served around 4.30 pm followed by Orientation and discourse.
Below is daily schedule for the course designed to maintain the continuity of practice. For best results students are advised to follow time-table as closely as possible:-
4:00 am Protected content wake-up bell
4:30-6:30 am Meditate in the hall or in your room
6:30-8:00 am Breakfast break
8:00-9:00 am Group meditation in the hall
9: Protected content am Meditate in the hall or in your room according to the teacher's instructions
11: Protected content noon Lunch break
12noon-1:00 pm Rest and interviews with the teacher
1:00-2:30 pm Meditate in the hall or in your room
2:30-3:30 pm Group meditation in the hall
3:30-5:00 pm Meditate in the hall or in your own room according to the teacher's instructions
5:00-6:00 pm Tea break
6:00-7:00 pm Group meditation in the hall
7:00-8:15 pm Teacher's Discourse in the hall
8:15-9:00 pm Group meditation in the hall
9:00-9:30 pm Question time in the hall
9:30 pm Retire to your own room--Lights out
The Regular 10 Days course is organised monthly in a bigger Hall with larger group of 100>150 students vs. Executive Course is organised for Senior Executives and Business Leaders restricted to max. 40 students.
Fundamentally, accommodation and 3 meals will be served throughout the course. There is no charge for the course, if student wish to, a donation can be made on the day before departure where students are encourage to mingle.
Some food donations e.g dried groceries like mushrooms, dried and fresh fruits / nuts , your own favourite tea, Milo, meal replacement shakes. All meals are vegetarian. Throughout the course, noble silence is pratised, even during meal time.
What you need to cost in are :-
1) Return Flight tickets to Kathmandu - SILKAIR as best option from SIN, ex-Delhi / Bombay very affordable when booked early direct or on-line. Most EU airlines serve Kathmandu with few flights each week
2) Visa can be obtained upon arrival in KATHMANDU - ca. U$ 20 for 2 weeks, more if stay is longer
3) Transfer from KTM airport to Vipassana Center in Kathmandu City to meet contingent and departs for Venue
4) Mineral water - optional. Tea is served with all meals, boiled and filtered water dispensers are accessible throughout at specific locations
5) Toilet paper, shampoo, shower and laundry liquids. As it's rather humid, laundry may take days to dry, so enough comfortable clothings for 10 days would be ideal. Also a sweater or woolen jacket may be useful as night temperature ca.10 Cel.
6) own light blanket or two, sheets, pillow, bath and hand towels, floor mat, hangers, pegs, umbrella, torch-light - a list will be provided.
7) Optional extension post Vipassana in KAT - ca. 4 days/3 nights
8) A panoramic flight to view the Himalayas will be memorable - Buddha Air as operator.
Those flying into SIN, pls note flight SIN>KATHmandu etd ca. 9 a.m. you'll need to be in Changi by 7a.m to connect. Pls check best transit possible, or a nite in SIN may be necessary.
For more info, you may log on to attached websites or Protected content
If you are interested, pls revert soon to enable group land arrangement package.