Living in South Africa | from Switzerland
"With InterNations, you'll meet interesting expats wherever you go - both online and offline."
Living in South Africa | from France
"InterNations provided me with an "entrance" to the expat circles of Pretoria, so to speak, and helped me get to know other French expatriates. "
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swiss in South Africa
- Join our community and get to know members of South Africa’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the South African expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Cape Town, Johannesburg and many other regions
Meet Swiss Expatriates in South Africa!
InterNations – Uniting Swiss living in South Africa
Would you like to get in touch with other Swiss in South Africa? Are you in need of help and advice from your Swiss compatriots? Or would you like to join other Swiss expats on an excursion to discover sights and landmarks – e.g. the Cape of Good Hope?
Whether you have settled as an expat in South Africa or are still living in Switzerland to plan your upcoming foreign assignment, InterNations South Africa offers everything you require: Established in 2007, our trusted community has soon become the platform for international networking among expatriates and global minds around the world. Our network also counts a considerable number of Swiss expats in South Africa, coming from all over Switzerland - from Graubünden over Ticino to Fribourg.
Fellow Swiss in South Africa
Find tips and advice on South Africa from Swiss Expats
Of course, expat living in South Africa is not just about shipping your belongings and filing in some bureaucratic papers. Regular socializing with fellow Swiss is an essential part of expat life and becoming accustomed to the South African way of life and mentality. InterNations helps you connect and meet up with other Swiss in South Africa, residing in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and many other places throughout the country. Just take a look at our group of Swiss in Pretoria or Swiss in Johannesburg.
If you ever wish to have a chat in your Swiss native language, discover where to shop for Swiss food or discuss the ZSC Lions' latest match, become a member of the South African InterNations Community:
- Look up our top quality network to get to know open-minded expats from Switzerland or German or French-speaking expatriates in South Africa.
- Obtain and share insider tips in our South Africa Expat Forums – e.g. how to hire a German or French-speaking babysitter for your children or where to buy mailänderli and Raclette cheese in Cape Town.
- Search the InterNations Expat Guide for South Africa to get information on the local CCIS (Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Switzerland) or the nearest Swiss consulate.
From the Highveld's Gauteng City Region to the Garden Route, a scenic stretch along the south-east coast, we’ll help you connect with supportive and friendly Swiss expats in South Africa.
Join our expat activities and mingle with fellow Swiss in South Africa
Moreover, please feel free to attend our regular expat events and activities in South Africa. Our get-togethers include diverse interests and range from a cozy gathering to enjoy the traditional South African bobotie, to big expat celebrations with hundreds of participants in Cape Town’s best locations. You can also participate in one of our expat trips together with our group of Swiss in Cape Town to go and see the wilderness trails of Kruger National park as well as other beautiful landmarks in South Africa.
Our meet-ups and activities are a great opportunity to mingle with expats from Switzerland and various other countries in a casual setting. Interested? Just send us your membership application and you’ll soon be receiving a cordial Grüezi from our Swiss living in South Africa!