Join now

Moving to Abu Dhabi married or single?

Hi everyone! I am really excited about moving next month to Abu Dhabi as a student in Masdar. This is very recent and it got in the way of my wedding plans. I was about to get married in Argentina but I found out that women cannot sponsour anyone´s visa in the UAE. Additionally, according to the information that was sent to me last week, family residences in Masdar are only for male students. So my fiancee and I thought that since we won´t be allowed to live together, we should not get married until we find a solution to this problem.
He is going to look for a job in Abu Dhabi so he can also move as soon as possible but this may take some time. He is a licenciate in Administration (MA and BA in Administration) and he works as an analyst in the Renault-Nissan car factory in Argentina. He knows English but not enough to speak it fluently (I´m sure this can be improved with some practice).
What can you recommend us to do? Is it likely that he can find a job in Abu Dhabi? Can we get married in Abu Dhabi or should we do so before I leave Argentina?
Has anyone been in this situation or know someone that has? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Abu Dhabi Forum