NGO Vacancies (Abuja)
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International is a registered charity, founded in Protected content operating in 37 countries. ACF in Nigeria is seeking young, motivated, and experienced professionals to support start up of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activities in Yobe State.
Open positions & education/training qualification requirements:
• WASH Deputy Programme Manager (1 position) : Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Public Health Degree or equivalent in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, or training/course specific to WASH in development contexts + minimum 2 years of work experience. Applied skills on WASH projects management; Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skill)
• Technical Officer (1 position): Higher National Diploma in engineering, construction or related discipline and professional experience in building projects linked to water and sanitation; Good WASH technical knowledge;
• Hygiene Promotion Officer (3 positions): Bachelors’ degree or Higher National Diploma in education, health & hygiene promotion or related discipline and training experience. Knowledge of organizing sanitary surveys and using conventional approach methods (CLTS, PHAST, PRA, RRA, CORE, etc.)
• Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Advisor: Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management; direct experience of M&E related to health, HIV, nutrition and/ or economics; strong analytic skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
• Infant & Young Child Feeding Advisor: Health background (doctor, nurse, midwife, etc) with least 3 years of professional experience. At least 2 years experience on IYCF and breastfeeding counselling.
Overall required skills for all posts:
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to innovate and to set priorities, manage work plans, draft reports and evaluate progress with strong interest in sustainability.
- Experience in capacity building , participatory techniques and training
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other organizations’ staff.
- Computer literate.
- Fluency (both written and verbal) in English and Hausa essential. Fluency in Kanouri a plus
- Independence, adaptability, rigour and flexibility.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area and of public health issues
- Commitment to team work and understanding of how to contribute.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and approach.
Desirable skills for all posts:
- Previous experience with local and international NGOs.
- Broad understanding of rights and development issues, international relations and the international humanitarian systems.
Applications, including Motivation Letter, CV, and scanned credentials are to be sent to: Protected content .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews to be held in mid-December.
The deadline for submission of applications is 9 December Protected content .