Book club (3) 'The Undercover Economist
After a few months of silence, I am back to London and hoping to meet you all to discuss "The Undercover Economist".
I will (as usual) arrive a bit earlier and put an "Internations" sign on the table as well as the book we will be discussing. The café is quite big, so I will try to get a table as close as possible to the entrance. Please call me or text me if you are struggling to find us.
I have added below a few questions we can discuss on Wednesday :)
I am looking forward to discussing the book with you!
1. What purpose did you feel this book served? Why was it written, and what message or argument was the author attempting to impart?
2. What did you feel that you learned from the book? Was it appropriately pitched at your level of preexisting knowledge?
3. Harford centres every chapter around one key example that he builds upon throughout. Did you find this a useful device? Did the specifics of these ever cloud the message?
4. Did any of the specifics pointed out challenge your prior beliefs? Were you convinced?
5. Were there any particular passages or examples that struck you as noteworthy or moving?
6. How convincing did you find the central argument of the book? What, if any, reservations did you have as to their conclusions?
7. How surprising did you find the conclusions of the text? How have they influenced your worldview in this area?
8. Are there any practical areas in which this has changed your actions?
9. This book was published 13 years ago now. Does it show its age? Are there any issues that have since become non-controversial or left the news?
10. What, if anything, would you wish to see added to the book? What, if anything, do you think could be removed from the book?
11. Would you recommend the book?
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.