🍾Weekend Tour In Champagne🥂❗️Fully Booked❗️
Weekend in Champagne
By registering here, you are responsible for making the booking with Criterion Tours by payment of your deposit of £90 and acknowledge that you are fully aware of the costs, aw well as what is included and excluded.
***PLEASE CONFIRM IN COMMENTS WHEN YOU HAVE BOOKED AND PAID DEPOSIT***
**** VERY IMPORTANT NOTE ****
The event will go ahead whatever the weather – come rain or come shine. Please come prepared as no wet weather provisions will be provided.
Please familiarise yourself with essential information to avoid any inconvenience at the below on the Criterion Tours website for this event.
One of the most popular Champagne Weekends at a good price too; this one having the added attraction of a Christmas Market in Reims. Criterion Tours have organised several of these trips in the last few years and have excellent contacts with many small producers – the visits to them are always the highlight of the weekend and you can buy champagne from them at amazingly reasonable prices. So what better time to stock up for Christmas!
This is an extremely popular tour that sells out fast, so book your place now to avoid disappointment!
Once deposit is paid, you are to let them know as soon as possible about any dietary requirements you may have and your travel insurance details.
You will find detailed info in link below:
If you have ever wanted to visit this fascinating area, discover the secret of the bubble, and find out what makes champagne the celebratory drink par excellence, then this is the weekend for you. You will see the miles of cellars dug out of chalk where millions of bottle age gracefully, learn how champagne is made, and discover what makes it so special.
The town of Reims where we will be based has many other attractions including a stunning cathedral, and lots of lively bars and nightlife. Our hotel, the Hôtel De La Paix, is perfectly situated right on the main pedestrian thoroughfare where there are lots of restaurants and bars.
We will arrive in Reims late afternoon and go straight to visit one of the major Champagne houses for a tour and tasting in their extensive cellars. After checking into our hotel the evening will be free to explore the Xmas Market, restaurants and bars of the town. There may be the option to join a group dinner in a local restaurant.
During the next two days we will head towards Epernay and the Montagne de Reims to visit three family producers, two on Saturday and one on Sunday morning. These producers are all situated in the best villages and are hand-picked for the quality and value which they offer. At each one we will taste various champagnes from their range and you will be able to buy supplies at very attractive prices (the coach has plenty of luggage space!). On Saturday lunchtime there will be free time to wander round the town of Epernay.
• Pick up from Protected content at 07.00 am on Friday 23rd November in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach.
• Return journey to the UK: leaving after lunch on Sunday 25th November, arriving at Protected content around 21:00 pm
• £360 per person based on two people sharing a double or twin room* £420 if sole occupancy.
• Travel throughout by full size 53-seat executive coach, crossing by Eurotunnel.
• Two nights’ bed and buffet breakfast on a twin-share basis (some single rooms and upgraded ‘Privilege’ rooms are available at a supplement) at the Hotel de la Paix in Reims.
• Visits and tastings at 4 different champagne producers, which will be a mixture of big names and smaller family concerns.
• Services of Christos Ioannou as wine expert and tour guide.
• Single occupancy supplement (limited availability): £60
• Room upgrade to a twin/double ‘Privilege’ room (limited availability) Not available for single rooms. £45 per person.
If you are prepared to share a twin room with a person of the same sex but do not have anyone to share with, Criterion will try and match you up.
N.B. If there is no-one suitable, you will have to pay the single supplement.
*Non-refundable deposit of £90 payable when booking. Balance due two months before departure. Your money will be held in a secure Client Deposit Account and so is fully protected.
Booking and info here:
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.