Experience the First Commercial Tea Farm in Kenya (Day Trip)
Happy New Year
Let's explore this hidden gem so close to Nairobi!
The farmhouse is set within beautiful flower gardens surrounded by acres of tea, hills, and an indigenous forest.
Look out for the endangered Colobus monkeys and wander in the flower gardens which are home to a wide variety of birds!
Situated at 2,200m, the farm was bought and farmed since Protected content generations have lived there, somehow managing to keep the original look.
Distance from Nairobi: 30km, 1hr drive
Activity time: 2hr guided leisure tour through tea farms
Terrain: Easy - medium terrain, hilly
THE MAIN FEATURES OF THE EVENT
1. 1hr road trip in a 7seater 4x4 van. Welcome drink tea/coffee/chocolate on arrival
2. Choose to cycle/walk, join a group and head out with a guide
3. We will later join other groups for a relaxing guided tour through the plantation and forest at 11:00
Identify various plants and how they are used traditionally, the history of the farm, and the Kenyan English culture
4. Learn the process of making tea, different blends, and tea tasting
5. A relaxed 3-course buffet lunch is set in the garden at 13:00.
Enjoy a cold drink with sweeping views across the tea fields to the famous Ngong Hills
6. Back to Nairobi by 15:00
- Well-serviced mountain bikes (optional walking)
- Beautiful Tea Plantation farmhouse venue
- Cultural experience with farm owner and local guides
- Welcome drink, buffet lunch, wine, and various drinks
Weather can change so layering is advised
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.