A visit to the Las Descalzas Reales monastery
This is a visit to the Descalzas Reales monastery. It is a cloistered nun monastery founded by princess Juana de Austria in Protected content , right in the epicentre of Madrid capital. Juana de Austria was sister to Spanish important king Felipe II, the founder of the El Escorial monastery.
The monastery is a classicist building that house very important arworks of that time.
A very important part of the monastery houses a significant museum to visit.
The monastery still houses cloister nuns who have a vegetable garden where they grow their own products.
All in all, it is a very interesting visit to one of of those monasteries that still exist in Spain. A real relic!!
This time our super professional guide BEATRIZ will guide us around.
PLANNIG OF THE DAY:
- 12.45 a.m.: The visit to the monastery.
- 14'30 p.m.: Lunch at Parrilla El Barril: Protected content
- 5 p.m.: Coffee at El Círculo de Bellas Artes cafeteria: Protected content
* Please send me the 5 eur. bizum for the entrance ticket before January 15th because our guide will have to pay the booking in advance. Or else you can send me the total 15 eur. by then.
It not you can send me the 10 eur. bizum for the guide later.
* Free entrance: handicapped + theachers + retired people.
* Please come vaccinated.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.