Beginner/Intermediate Canyoning + Rafting Day Trip
1) A non-refundable 30 EURO deposit is required not later than Saturday, 2 September to guarantee the trip. A minimum of 4 people are required.
2) The cost of the trip is 80 EURO per person. This cost includes the canyoning, rafting, picnic lunch, transfers, guide, and gear. It does NOT include transportation to/from Madrid or any other meals.
3) Transportation to/from Madrid will be via private vehicle or rental car. Please contact me if you have a vehicle and you're willing to drive so I can allocate seats.
Get ready for a day of exhilarating water activities on the Cabriel River.
The day starts at the PaddleinSpain Centre, Venta del Moro.
Our first activity will be canyoning, which is essentially is trekking along the course of a river and involves hiking, swimming, jumping, sliding, climbing, and rapelling.
Once we get the safety brief and gear, we'll take a shuttle from the meeting point to the start point of the canyoning activity near Enguidanos.
This ~2.5 hour canyoning tour is designed for the beginner and intermediate level hiker and is a great introduction if you're interested in trying a combination adventure sport. The tour will take us through a canyon along the Cabriel River followed by a picnic lunch.
After lunch, we'll take a shuttle to meet with our rafting guide who will outfit us with our rafting gear and another safety brief. We'll then take another shuttle to the start point of the rafting activity.
There are several kilometers of navigable water on the Cabriel River with different grades along the way. Rapids are classified I-5+ based on their difficulty, hazards, the water flow, level and speed of the river, and the experience required to navigate them. A rapid that is a Class IV in spring with the melting snow can sometimes drop to a Class II in late summer when there is less water. Since we'll be going this time of year, we'll be experiencing Class II rapids with some Class I & possibly a Class III. This situation is perfect for the beginning rafter and will build experience for intermediate rafters.
The ~2.5 rafting tour will take us through the Las Chorreras Canyon where we'll brave the rapids and have another opportunity to jump into the pools and have a swim.
Once complete, we'll change, and head back to Madrid, possibly with a stop along the route for a snack/meal.
- Minimum age: 8 years; juniors must be accompanied of an adult
- All participants must know how to swim
- Please let me know if you are exceptionally tall or overweight, or if you have any medical conditions or disabilities which may affect your ability to participate.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.