Gunung Datuk (Difficulty Level: Moderate*)
Easy : Walking around the shopping mall
Moderately Easy : Walking around the shopping mall for half a day without using lift.
Moderate : Walking around the shopping mall for half a day without using lift or escalator.
Moderately Hard : Walking around the shopping mall for a whole day without using lift or escalator.
Hard : Walking around the shopping mall for a whole day without using lift or escalator and carrying 5kg weight.
Hey guys! Its been a while! Since there are so many new people in the group, I thought of doing a medium hike to kick the group back into gear. The difficulty level is a guideline, if you have concerns, please feel free to drop me a line.
Gunung Datuk, standing at a height of 883m Protected content , is located near Rembau in the state of Negeri Sembilan. This is a hike which is not really suited for “beginners”, but “less experienced hikers” certainly can give it a go. However, physical fitness is a prerequisite. Ascent would take about Protected content and about Protected content on the way down.
Before reaching the peak, you will need to clamber up huge boulders that are stacked up on top of one another. Once on top of the summit, you will be rewarded with a Protected content unobstructed, panoramic view of the Malacca Straits, on a sunny day of course. With the weather recently, can't guarantee. I was there last month and it was very windy, much like hiking in the UK really. Finger crossed for good weather.
We will leave KL around 7:00am, aim to be there about 8:00am and start hiking 8:15am. Should be back down to the car around 1-2pm and we will grab some yum late lunch nearby.
The park fee is RM 5, and we will pay as we enter the park. There are toilet facilities, you can clean up there or like I always do, just by the stream before we head back to the carpark.
So! A few tips you might want to pay attention to.
- wear shoes with profile (a pattern on the soles to prevent slipping and gliding).
- rain gear is recommended
- bring a towel and some dry clothes/shoes and leave it in the car - passengers also bring some newspapers and towels in order to keep your driver's car as clean as possible. Do not forget to bring bin bag to keep your dirty clothes!
- pack all your sensitive stuff in your backpack in plastic bags, in case it rains.
- bring enough drinks and snacks (carbohydrates). For this hike you will need at least 3 liters of drinks. Dried fruits are preferred over chocolate.
- Please pack light lunch to eat on the trail, keep the energy up!
Once you RSVP, you will be able to see my number. Please whatsapp me so I can add you to the whatsapp group for transport arrangement. We are organising the hikes for free, so please take the initiative from your end.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.