Cantinas Walking Tour at Centro Histórico... salud!
Historically a space for men to drink, talk and play domino, nowadays Cantinas are traditional gathering places for friends and families where everyone’s invited: everyone’s a comrade. Cantinas are all about celebrating everything like good Mexicans, by saying Salud!
Unfortunately, cantinas are becoming extinct; nowadays there are less than 30 of the original ones.
So prepare yourself and join our Cantinas Walking tour!
- Buffet lunch with Mexican specialties.
- Walking tour for aprox 5 hours visiting Cantinas of the porfirian period, icons of Mexico City:
1- Bar La Ópera (famous since Protected content
2- Cantina el Gallo de Oro (founded in Protected content
3- Bar Mancera (with its beautiful french style arquitecture since Protected content
4- Mezcalería La Botica in Downtown México
5- Buenos Aires (with karaoke room)
- Small tasting of mezcal between cantinas.
- Billingual guide who will tell us about the characteristics and importance of cantinas in the history of México.
- Drink & food in the cantinas. I recommend to ask the specialty cocktail in each one.
- Tips for the waiters.
IMPORTANT: You can pay at arrival to the activity in cash.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.