A Great Walk with a Great Guide for a Great Cause!
Internations Consul and all-round-superstar Bisi Loye is leading a hike in support of the The Brun Bear Foundation - a registered charity that supports a mix of community, medical and animal welfare projects.
The event has been created for InterNations and its Albatross Members and each participant is asked to donate £5 which will go directly to the charity!
Please join us!
Here's a neat summary of what's included:
- A moderate and varied walk in breathtaking countryside!
- Take in the quaint and well preserved hamlet of Hambleden with its brick and flint red roofed buildings
- Stroll through a wooded geological terrace
- Round out in historic Henley - famous for its wonderful tea rooms and pubs!
- Meet Internations friends new and old all in aid of a great cause!
Getting there / Important information
Take the 09:22 train from Paddington. You will need to change in Twyford.
Trains back to London run every hour.
Drivers can park on the road in front of the station or nearby as it is free parking on Sundays.
2. Please organise amongst yourselves if you would like a group saver. You can post messages on the activity page.
3. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
4. Please wear walking boots or shoes. Preferably water proof. The paths can be muddy and slippery. This depends on the weather we have before the hike. Also bring rain proof jacket in case it rains.
5. Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water. We might visit a pub for lunch but we will definitely go to a pub after the hike so bring some money with you.
6. Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
7. Please, please, please cancel your attendance if you change your mind, so there is room for others who wish to join.
8. Feel free to phone or text me if you have any questions.
9. WEATHER: Please note that it might be necessary to cancel the hike if the weather is really bad. The hike should go ahead is there is little rain.
10. BISI AND I WILL MEET YOU
OUTSIDE HENLEY ON THAMES STATION
A necessary bit...
Please be kind enough to cancel your attendance if you cannot make it and note that repeated non attendance might be reported to Internations management and might result in your removal from any future guest list.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.