Tillingbourne Valley North Downs Explorer - 15.5 miles TOUGH!!!
This is a challenging but very scenic walk which explores the area to the south-east of historical Guilford. The landscape is exceptionally varied, with water meadows, valleys, woods, heathland, parkland and fine views from the contrasting chalk hills of the North Downs and the adjacent Greensand.
It encompasses the North Downs ridge, a haunted pool, unusual churches and traces of an industrial era in the Tillingbourne valley.
It is a circular walk which starts and finishes at Protected content
This is a long walk with some steep hills. IT IS GOING TO BE A FAST PACE HIKE!!!!
Please organise amongst yourselves if you would like a group saver. You can post messages on the activity page.
Drivers can park at the station for £1:00.
2. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
3. This is a long hike and suitable for the reasonably fit hikers or people that exercise regularly. Please do not RSVP if you are new to hiking or unfit.
4. Please wear walking boots or shoes. Preferably water proof. The paths can be muddy and slippery. This depends on the weather we have before the hike. Also bring rain proof jacket in case it rains.
5. Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water. We will go to a pub after the hike so bring some money with you.
6. Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
7. Please, please, please cancel your attendance if you change your mind, so there is room for others who wish to join.
8. Feel free to phone or text me if you have any questions.
9. WEATHER: Please note that it might be necessary to cancel the hike if the weather is really bad. The hike should go ahead if there is little rain.
10. I WILL BE MEETING YOU OUTSIDE Protected content
Please be kind enough to cancel your attendance if you cannot make it and note that repeated non attendance might be reported to Internations management and might result in your removal from any future guest list.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.