Living in Afghanistan, from Japan
"I was the first employee my company sent to Kabul, but InterNations provided me with a great network of expats."
Li Mei Tuan
Living in Afghanistan, from Singapore
"It was not easy to go to Kabul with my husband, but the InterNations expat community helped me tremendously."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swedish in Afghanistan
- Join our community and get to know members of Afghanistan’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Afghan expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Kabul, Ghazni and many other regions
InterNations – Connecting Swedish living in Afghanistan
Are you looking for fellow Swedish in Afghanistan? Do you need advice and tips from your Swedish countrymen? Or would you like to go for a trip with other Swedish expats to discover attractions like the central highlands together?
Whether you are already living as an expat in Afghanistan or still residing at home in Sweden to prepare your relocation abroad, InterNations Afghanistan provides you with all you need: Founded in 2007, our trusted community has quickly established itself as the international networking platform for expats and global minds worldwide. Among our members there is also a number of Swedish expats in Afghanistan, hailing from all across Sweden - from Uppsala, over Goteborg to Stockholm.
Fellow Swedish in Afghanistan
Receive Information and Tips about Afghanistan from Swedish Expats
Obviously, embarking on expat life in Afghanistan is not only about packing boxes and getting some paperwork done. The regular exchange with your Swedish compatriots is also an important aspect of the expat experience and can help you get accustomed to the Afghan culture and people. InterNations helps you meet and interact with other Swedish in Afghanistan, living in Kabul, Ghazni, Konduz and many other places across the country. Just take a look at our group of Swedish in Kabul.
So, if you should ever feel like speaking your mother tongue, finding out where to shop for Swedish food, or chatting about your favorite team’s latest match, join the Swedish InterNations Community:
- Browse our high-quality expat network to find like-minded expatriates from Sweden in Afghanistan.
- Receive and share advice in our Afghanistan Expat Forums – e.g. how to find a nanny speaking your kids’ native tongue or where to shop for köttbullar in Kabul...
- Browse the InterNations Places database for Afghanistan to find institutions like the nearest Swedish embassy and many others.
From the central highlands to the Hindukush mountain areas, we’ll get you in touch with helpful and friendly Swedish expats in Afghanistan.
Take Part in Various Expat Activities to Meet Fellow Swedish in Afghanistan
Additionally, you are cordially invited to participate in our regular expat events and activities taking place in Afghanistan. Our events cover various interests and range from a small expat dinner to enjoy the traditional Afghan qabili palau, to big expat get-togethers with hundreds of guests in Kabul's top locations. You may also join one of our expat excursions for a weekend trip to visit the impressively tiled Blue Mosque at Mazar e-Sharif, Herat's Friday Mosque and deserted citadel, and other impressive landmarks across Afghanistan.
This way, our events and activities are a very nice occasion to meet fellow expats from Sweden and around the world in a casual atmosphere. Interested? Sign up for membership and you’ll soon be welcomed with a warm Hallå from our Swedish living in Afghanistan!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
Swedish Expats in Afghanistan
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: