Join now

What security? (Alicante)

Hi, just feel like venting a little today after a terrible week. Last Thursday Phil and I went to Carrefore in San Juan to do our usual fortnight shopping. Phil picked up the free papers at the entrance and then went to take cash from the ATM. We filled up our trolly, paid at the desk, and just as we finished a member of staff -I think supervisor,picked up our two free papers and rudely asked the cashier if we’d paid for them. We both tried to tell her they were free, even the cashier told her so but it took a while to convince this woman that we were customers of 15 years and didn’t need to steal a newspaper. She shrugged her shoulders and stomped away. Phil went to the bathroom, put his hand in his pocket and realized his wallet, with all his cards, cash and photos of his kids as toddlers was gone. We went back to the desk, no joy, then asked each of the 4 security guards. Vacant looks and shrugging of shoulders. One guard looked into a bin and walked away shaking his head without even putting his hand in it to search. The police at El Campello station were very helpful and kind. We’re disgusted with the so called security in this store and as a regular customer and being elderly we would have appreciated a little kindness at least. I went back the next day to ask if the security camera found anything. Just a polite “no, sorry.” Worst part is , Phil is from USA,,retired military. It will be so difficult to replace his cards. We don’t know which was worse, the thief or the bad security and careless treatment.

Alicante Forum

Our Global Partners