Join now

Finally Moving - US to AMS (Amsterdam)

Alrighty, been a member on here for a while and have unfortunately been ignoring most conversations. I was originally slated to be in AMS by August which was put on-hold indefinitely. As of /very/ recently I'm back to boots on the ground by 1-Oct.

I'd put my Dutch studies on hold expecting this to be a year+ out and have stopped paying attention to move quotes.

I guess what I'm here asking would be what are y'alls thoughts and suggestions? I'm going to be moved on a corporate contract, I won't be receiving corporate housing but rather a small lump sum for living/hotel until I can find permanent accommodations. Work will be basically 5 min SW from downtown AMS. I'll have 1 week in mid Sept to start my BSN process and related.

I'm single and without kids - I plan to learn Dutch - and I'm ok being inconvenienced to start with - to an extent (for an adult professional - with income).

Also Protected content all :o Protected content have no idea what category is really appropriate, so feel free to move me, if you're a mod).

Sean

Amsterdam Forum

Our Global Partners