Join now

Looking for a house in Glendowie or St Heliers (Auckland)

I am looking for a house to rent for a year or more in Gledowie, St Heliers, Kohimarama, St Johns, Remuera or Mission Bay. It needs to be 3 beds with a garage. We arrived recently and we are having difficulty on letting one, since there are many families going for the same house. We are looking in sites such as trade me and real state, but as I said, the competition is big and although we have money in the bank, we didnt get one yet.
We are a mature couple (aged 49 and 57), financially secure, and Stephanie, our only child, is a bright and responsible 15-year-old (she makes her bed every morning and takes pride in keeping her room tidy). She began Year 11 at Glendowie College this year.

My husband is a Kiwi returning (this year) to New Zealand after 36 years out of the country Protected content in Australia, 15 years in London and the last nine in Brazil, where I was born). He worked for 30 years as a journalist (including 11 years with The Times of London), and I lived with him in London after we were married in Protected content . I also have work experience, therefore, in London, including as the office manager for a Brazilian newspaper, and also with a London borough council. I have recently been granted a Permanent Residence Visa, allowing me to live and work in New Zealand.
The landlord can be assured that we will be responsible and reliable tenants, as we ourselves currently rent out two houses in Brazil (we previously rented out our house in London for four years, also), so we respect the landlord-tenant relationship, and would only behave as we expect our tenants to behave in our houses.
I would appreciate any help for the group here. Thanks in advance!