Join now
Log in Join

Garnishee Declaration Form (Brussels)

Can anyone give advice on the following:

My friend in Brussels, Belgium.

My friend's landlord owed money to a company and there was a An Order to Pay Judgement last year.

A few days ago, a bailiff served a document to my friend requesting her to stop rental payment to landlord and redirect rental payments to the bailiff's office until the amount due by landlord paid up. A blank Garnishee declaration Form (to be filled by the tenants) was attached to the document from the bailiff.

My friend had a stamped rental agreement with the if she changed and redirect rental to the bailiff, can the landlord go after my friend as tenant for stopping rental payments.

Does anyone know what is the normal procedures? Should it be a court order to the tenant to change and redirect rental payment to safe guard my friend's interest.

Brussels Forum