Join now

Touristic VISA extension for Italians (Cairo)

Hi everybody, hope you can help me with my query.

I will move to Cairo with my boyfriend for his work. He will get a work VISA and residence permit once we get there, but I will stay in Egypt as a tourist.

I know that it was possible to extend the 30 days touristic VISA once arrived in Egypt for a period up to 6 or 12 months. In this case I will not be obliged to go in and out of the country every month. Do you know if after the revolution and the recent events this practice is still valid or something has changed?

Thanks a lot!

Cairo Forum