Sourcing Manager, Mechanics (Chennai)
Delivery Chain and Sourcing organization Direct Material team is looking for a Sourcing Manager in Mechnics Area in Chennai, India.
As a Sourcing Manager you will manage a spend category and relevant sub-categories across the organization. The role is to drive global/regional supplier relationships and contracts. Additionally you will support Category Manager to meet the objectives of the mechanics category.
Responsibilities and Key Activities
• Drive cross-unit/-functional sourcing category team ensuring collaboration and key stakeholder buy-in
• Identify and drive category specific savings activities in alignment with unit and regional sourcing management
• Responsible for regular reporting of category KPI’s including monthly budget / forecast data
• Act as a key global sourcing competence expert for relative category
• Responsible for understanding business/technical requirements and translate into cost saving opportunities
• Act as a key sourcing stakeholder in business/R&D projects ensuring early supplier involvement and optimal supplier base/cost
• Develop and implement sourcing plans in alignment with business requirements
• Ensure Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) approach is understood and utilized both by the category team and by all the stakeholders
• Drive emerging market localization initiatives in alignment with unit and regional sourcing management
• Establish global understanding of supplier market and competitive landscape
• Responsible for aligning supplier technology roadmaps with KONE product and service roadmaps
• Responsible for driving resource requirements with resource owners
• Responsible for regional and global supplier negotiations, selection, contracts, management and compliance based on KONE strategic sourcing process (BENIM)
• Ensure compliance and adherence to KONE sourcing (KSO) policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with quality, safety and environmental standards
Skills, Education and Experience
Ideally you will have:
• B.E/M.Tech in Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
MBA(NITIE/IIT/SPJain/MDI) is an asset.
• Previous work experience in sourcing, supply chain management or equivalent related to mechanics area is needed to be successful in this role.
• Additionally you will have proven ability to work in international environment in collaboration with others.
• Fluent level of English, additional languages are a plus.
• You have good interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and willingness to travel.
For more information please contact Bhupender Suhag tel. Protected content contact during the following times on 13th – 15th March 9:00am to 17:00pm (Indian time) and 22nd March during 12:30pm to 15:00pm.
Please send your application with salary expectations by 25, March via internet.