Food engineer volunteer position? (Cotonou)
I have the fortune of moving to Cotonou in the next months to work in economic development. My partner is joining me, and will be looking for something to do. Volunteer position with a symbolic salary is ok, but of course he would be interested in a more challenging job as well - at least in the medium term.
- Turkish citizen (but will have a Benin residence permit)
- Food and industrial engineer (Master's) by training
- Five years of professional experience, including food production and sector-specific economic development projects (UNDP, local hire)
- Excellent data analysis skills (I have known few people who can handle Access and Excel like him)
He is looking for:
- Development project in the area of food production
- Work related to developing regulation / building institutional capacity
- Advanced data analysis (pivot tables, VB programming, SPSS)
He is learning French now, but in the short term, he would have to work in English.
Any ideas? He is a very thoughtful, hardworking, and personable guy - anyone would be happy to have him :). If you know of something, drop me a line and I will forward to him.