Join now

Tourism/Hospitality job (Doha)

Hi all!

I am working in the Tourism industry and have been for 9 years now. I have been looking for a job in Doha since Dec Protected content thus far have not had any luck. I am currently living in California so it makes the search more difficult. I have been working for the same company for 9 years (a Tour Receptive Operator) and my current position there is Director of Contracting for the Leisure Tour Group Dept. (80% of the company). I book hotels for groups of tourists coming from Europe (and Brazil) into the U.S and Canada. I do a lot of negotiation, buying and contracting of hotel rooms and I manage a team of 8. During high season I also solve all the problems which groups might face when they are on the road - whether they are coming from the supplier side (hotel over-bookings, bus breakdowns, missed flights) or the passenger side (illnesses, etc).

I studied International Relations with an emphasis on the Middle East and a minor in Criminal Justice in San Francisco. I speak both French and English because I am French but became American over the years. I am looking to learn Arabic when i move to Doha!

If any of you know any position that might be a good fit for me or know someone whom might know someone.. Please don't hesitate to reach out :) I would be happy and thankful to hear back from you. I did look for jobs in person in December when I was in Doha but many of the HR/recruiters were on vacation at that time so dropping off my CV didn't really work.

In any case, thank you for your help and consideration!
Emilie

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Doha Forum