Join now

Questionnaire -Revised date Dec.5, 2016 not 18 Nov (Erbil)

Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings!!!
I have been rendering services as a development professional in different countries for more than a decade. My present role is HR Administrator and I have applied for a short term of two week training on Human Resource Management, as part of this training, I have to submit an article on any one of the HR relevant topics. I have selected “Working Hours”
as it is one of the predetermined feature of Employment contract of any employee and employer agrees and enters in. Am being an expatriate for many years, I opted to study working hours related to expatriates, whether the present working hours suit for the expatriate staff recruited by international non-government organizations to render their services effectively or not.
This study is purely for submitting an article and will not be used for any other purpose. If it is approved, it might be published in expatriate relevant journals.
I have developed a short questionnaire to understand from your point of view “does the extended working hours exterminate the enthusiasm of expatriates rendering services in developing countries, recruited by international non-government organizations? ”
The questionnaire is divided in to Personal and four sections. Each Section contains 5 Questions; excluding Personal total questions are 20. You might take less than 30 minutes of your valuable time to filling up this questionnaire.
Am grateful, if you could fill up and send this to me latest by 5 Dec Protected content .

Thanking you in advance for your time and valuable inputs for making this study success.

Questionnaire
Name: Optional Protected content Optional Protected content of Origin: Protected content Employer name :
Personal:
1. Your age group: (a) below 29 Yrs Protected content Protected content (c Protected content (d Protected content (e) 60&above
2. Your Gender: (a) Female (b) Male (c) do not want to disclose
3. Your role: Select all that apply.
(a) Administrator (b) Nurse (c) Doctor (d) Advocacy Officer (e) Mental Health Officer (f) Finance Officer (g) HR Officer (h) Logistician (i) Architect (j) Any other specify
4. Education: Select all that apply.
(a) Undergraduate (b) Graduate (c) Post Graduate (d) Technical training (e) PhD (f) Any other specify.
5. Have you ever attended any training outside of your country of origin?
(a) Yes (b) No (c) do not remember
Section:1
1.The present/ or recent mission/assignment is/was your first mission /assignment
(a)Yes (b) No If your answer is No, give the number of countries you worked so far.

2.The duration of your present/recent mission /assignment is /was
(a)Less than 3 months (b) 3M-less than 6 Months (c) 6M- less than 9 Months (d)9 M and above

3.Do you have/had Rest & Recuperation leave?
(a) Yes (b) No (c) Do not know (d) Any other specify

4.After how many months you are entitled to avail your annual leave?
(a) 3 Months (b) 6 Months (c) Any time (d) Any other specify
Protected content . How do you rate your present/recent country of assignment/mission as safe?
Protected content safe means only walking alone in pre-designated areas.)
(a)Very safe (b) Somewhat safe (c) safe (d) cannot say (e) Any other specify

Section:2
1.According to your employment contract, how many working hours you have/had signed for, to work in a week?
(a) Less than 35 hours (b Protected content – less than 40 hours (c Protected content – less than 45 hours (d) Any other specify
Protected content . In reality, how many hours you work/worked in the mission/assignment?
Protected content Less than 30 hours (b Protected content than 35 hours (c Protected content – less than 40 hours
Protected content 40 hours and above

Protected content . In your present /recent mission/assignment, how many days off in a week?
Protected content one day (b) two days (c) three days (d) Any other specify

Protected content . According to you, what are ideal number of working hours a day in an emergency context?
Protected content 8hrs- less than 10 hrs (b) 10hrs- less than 15 hrs (c) No idea (d) Any other specify

5. According to you, how many minutes you need a break from the work after working of 4hours at stretch?
(a Protected content (b Protected content (c Protected content (d Protected content (e) Any other specify

Section : 3
1.How often do you go to your line manger to share about your additional working hours?
(a)Weekly once (b) Weekly twice (c) Never (d) Any other

2.How often do you listen to extra working hour frustrations from your team members?
(a)Every day (b) Twice a day (c) Two days (d) Weekly (e) Any other specify

3.How often do you contact your family/friends back home ?
(a)Daily twice (b) Daily once (c) When feel like (d) Weekly once (e) Any other specify

4.How often do you engage in social gatherings in the country of your mission/assignment?
(a)Weekly once (b) Monthly Twice (c) Monthly once (d) Never (e) Any other specify
Protected content . How often do you go out in evenings in the country of your mission /assignment?
Protected content

Erbil Forum

Our Global Partners