Join now

New to the area, first time away from home :) (Freiburg)

Hi everyone,
I have just moved to Germany to be with my Fiance, who is German, and currently working in Offenburg after moving back, since we met at school in Canada. We live just outside of Offenburg in Gengenbach, about an hour or so from Freiburg. I am from Vancouver, Canada, and I have never lived abroad before. i will be working soon in Offenburg as well, but I just got out of school in Vancouver and came straight here, and being in Gengenbach straight from Vancouver is a culture shock to say the least. I thought I would introduce myself here, I don't speak German very well yet and have been here for almost 2 months with not much social interaction since, I don't work yet, and my fiance is also new to this area. So we've just had eachother so far, which isn't so bad. :P

Anyway, I am just interested in learning about the area, meeting some people with common interests, though I am trying my best to settle, since I don't know the language yet and there aren't many opportunities to socialize for me especially in Gengenbach, I figured I would find a place I could meet online and it looks like I've found it. Looking forward to whatever comes next :)

Freiburg Forum

Our Global Partners