20 things to know before moving to Sweden (Gothenburg)
1. Start building your coffee tolerance
2. Pick a number, please
3. You can probably get by with English for decades, but...
4. Get your shopping done before 5 p.m. (if you can)
5. At some point, you will squeeze food out of toothpaste tubes
6. Daddies pushing strollers
7. Camping and hiking and picking berries
9. Many businesses shut down in July
10. Try keeping it "lagom"
11. Locate your nearest IKEA
12. Nice shoes. Please take them off
13. Winters are really cold, dark, and can be depressing
14. Be on time
15. Get your tasty adult beverages at state-run Systembolaget
16. Keep that plastic bag
17. Special days celebrating food
18. It is safe to drink the water
19. Business casual means jeans
20. Not all education and healthcare is free
For details, please read the article.