Favorite Places Advice? Recent transplant from CA. (Hamburg)
Hi! My husband and I are from San Francisco, CA and just relocated to Hamburg temporarily for three months. We're living in Harvestehude and he works near Muhlenhamp (Winterhude?). We relocated with very short notice, so my German is extremely limited though I am trying to study/cram on my own. I am looking for advice on some of your favorite places:
- Yoga classes (in English)
- Favorite unique clothing/apparel stores with items priced anywhere from affordable to mid-range ($25-$75/piece)
- Favorite lakeside opportunities for drinks (there's so many places, how can I choose which?)
- Favorite places to dine (not fine dining, accessible cuisine rather)
- Favorite takeout near my neighborhood if you're familiar
- Favorite English speaking friendly cafe near my neighborhood to work from
- Favorite organic yet affordable grocery shopping (think Trader Joes)
- Favorite Target-like store to shop at
- Free or cheap German language classes
- Any other must do things?
Also, if you have similar interests to mine and would like to meet a new friend, message me as well :)
Thanks in advance for your response!