Join now

Moving to Hoi Ahn - need long term accomodation (Hanoi)

Hi Everyone,

In Protected content spent a year in Hai Phong North Vietnam teaching English on contract. I never got to Hanoi unfortunately.

I am currently studying full time externally between Bali and Australia but I am returning to Vietnam in July this year for 6 months and would like to base myself in Hoi Ahn while I complete my last semester of study externally. I will not be working on a teaching contract but may do a little part-time casual teaching if I have time.

Can anyone suggest long term single accommodation in Hoi Ahn within 15 minutes walk to local cafes, shops. I don't need anything fancy or expensive it just needs to be basic, safe, clean and private accommodation preferably upstairs off the street. I would like a large one room apartment with basic furniture - double or queen bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, my own toilet and bathroom. I would need a small fridge and small 2 burner gas cooker - kitchenette.

Teacher accommodation would be fine but I am open to suggestions. In Hai Phong I lived in an old hotel on 4th floor in large room with small kitchenette and balcony. The kitchen did not have a sink - we washed our clothes and dishes in the bathroom for a year. This accommodation was $300 USD a month. I am looking for something similar. Hoping someone has some suggestions.

Thank you, Tracey