Join now

Housing: rental ( or share) Oct. & Nov. (Harare)

I am planning to spend September 24th through November 24th in Harare in order to research literacy programs with specific focus on reading disorders & dyslexia. I will be incorporating my observations into my Master's Degree thesis in Elementary Education. l am in my mid-sixties, and education is a second career. I was a law librarian for twenty six years in New York City, prior to retiring to Taos, New Mexico. After five years of leisure I decided that yes, there really is life after sixty, so I moved to Albuquerque, took education courses at the University I have been teaching kindergarten through fifth grade students gifted students for the past few years. My focus now is on reading, and reading complications with an emphasis on dyslexia. I am trained in the Orton-Gillingham technique and want to observe how schools in Harare accommodate reading issues.
I am eager to line up housing arrangements prior to my two months stay, and I am seeking any suggestions, recommendations or referrals. I am not restricting myself to a certain amount,, but I don't want to go overboard. I put emphasis on "good-value. I can afford to rent an apartment or guest cottage, but I am able to share accommodations with a like minded and compatible person. Obviously I'd like a safe neighborhood, and one that might offer public transportation. I"m open to all suggestions.
David Donaldson David206Lu@msn, or through this forum.