The Melville Residents Association, The Melville Business Community, The Alliance Française of Johannesburg and
The French Institute of South Africa are proud to present:
“Fête de la Musique Protected content
29 June, Johannesburg
For more information about “The Fête de la Musique” in Johannesburg, visit Protected content and Protected content …
The Fête de la Musique is:
• a live music celebration taking place every year on 21 June in France,
• a celebration of musical diversity with the Fête’s motto being Make Music!,
• a series of free concerts for the public to enjoy
• hosted in a diversity of cities & places
• a platform to showcase musicians, from amateurs to professionals.
The 2nd “Fête de La Musique”, dubbed Melville Music Day, promises to be as big as Protected content , with 7th St moved into a pedestrian-only area to welcome an expanded programme.
This free day event will include live music by international and local artists, a youth zone at Faan Smits Park, a food market, pop-up shops, street entertainment, and unique experiences offered by the sponsors such as the Converse main stage, Redbull Beat-Battles, and Renault’s Va-va-voom experience. Kaya FM will also be broadcasting live from the event during the day.
The event is free and open to the public from 12pm to 7pm with music performances starting at 12:30pm. Families are welcome.