Join now

Looking for job in West Uganda (Kampala)

Hi everyone,

My partner got an offer to work in Fort Portal and I'm thinking about joining her.

I used to work in sales/business development and it would be very easy for me to find an interesting job in Europe. However, I really want to join her and East Africa fascinates me.

I've seen a couple of jobs online, ie on theugandanjobline or nftconsult, and started to apply for them.

But they are mainly based in Kampala which seems to be hundreds of kilometers from Fort Portal. I would also consider to work with tourists as I've traveled myself a lot and like to show people around wherever I am. I really love to work with people.

I've also done some consulting on how to develop tourist businesses in a nonprofessional setting in Egypt and I really liked to help locals to improve their businesses.

If you have any hint where else I can look for jobs, if it's even the best idea to job hunt online or if I need to come to Uganda first to find a job, or really anything else that might help me on my quest I would very much appreciate it.

Can you also give me a rough idea of the cost of living in Uganda? No frills accommodation, nights out, traveling independently, basic groceries? I'm spoiled by Egyptian prices and would like to know what I should expect.

Thanks guys and greetings from Cairo!