Join now

TEFL in Kiev

Hello,

I will be in Kiev soon and have some questions.

I am trying to figure out the possibility of working in English schools. I am not native and my mother tongue is Persian, though I have TEFL degree and about 6 months of teaching experience. I have experience in other fields as well, but my main focus here is on the TEFL job positions I may find in Kiev, because I do not speak Russian well (beginner) and doubt to find any other job.

I don't need the schools to help with the visa, as I am married with my Ukrainian partner for more than 2 years, and we've got a daughter too. We will do the visa paperwork once I get there, but not sure as if the residence permit allows me to work in Ukraine.

Should I expect to get a job in this field in Kiev? How hard and competitive it would be and how much should I expect to earn?
I was thinking to teach general English at first, and then gradually go for more advanced levels to teach (the same reason, as I do not speak the local language well).

I have background in music and DJing too, but that would be a night job, while I will need a day job.

Any piece of advice is highly appreciated.

Kiev Forum