Join now

Why is it so difficult or is it infact impossible? (Kuala Lumpur)

Hello everyone,

It was during mid of Protected content my wife was offered a role in Malaysia. Since I knew that it was her wish that she wanted to get exposure working outside of our home country - India. So we packed our bags, and with a dependents visa flew down early December Protected content I helped setting up the place. While doing that I made a couple of calls about work opportunities for myself (I was at that time still working in India) and was told that I should be present in Malaysia while looking for work. I then flew back during the third week of December and tendered my resignation which meant that I had to serve 3 months notice which I did. First week of April Protected content when I packed all of my bags and moved down to Malaysia. Since then, I have been job hunting without a glimmer of hope.

So does everyone who come on a dependents visa face this brick wall all the time? For me at this moment, it seems almost impossible to be part of the Malaysian work force. I have spoken to some of the well know recruiting agencies and registered with a couple of job sites, basically done all of the ground work.

Can someone tell me if I am missing anything? Any words of wisdom, assistance and or directions will be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I have been in the Banking & Financial Services and Shared Services stream for the last 12 years.

Cheers
Avith

Kuala Lumpur Forum

Our Global Partners