Join now

A possible move to Ljubljana

Views

Hello all.

My wife and I are thinking to relocate. A possible job for myself is on the horizon. We have only spent 3 weeks in Slovenia in the past so there are still plenty on unknowns.

Neither myself or my wife speak a word of Slovenian. I myself would be sorted with work but my concern lies with my wife. Not speaking Slovenian obviously can be an issue. She is in a transition period and considering a full on career change as a developer, so if that were to pan out language is not such a problem, possibly working remotely or for bigger company where English is used.

I think my concern is fitting into the culture, and how everything outside of the job ( where I would be ok in English) would then be. Learning Slovenian is always possible but realistically will take some time.

Our move would happen from Finland, so quite a culture change and we do welcome warmer climates and the lovely warm people of Slovenia. Really have been inpressed with Slovenia as a whole.

I think I would like to know maybe the top 5 negative things about moving to a place like Ljubljana.
Lots to think about and would appreciate some info from someone who has spent some time there now.

Thanks many!

Christian

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Ljubljana Forum