Join now

Migration Museum: Germans in Britain (London)

Views

Hello,
I wondered if you would like to contribute to an exciting touring exhibition put on by the Migration Museum Project called "Germans in Britain" ( Protected content ) which traces the long, complex and fascinating story of German migration to Britain over the centuries.

German migration to the UK has been one of the most profound and influential in our history, though Germans are rarely thought of as 'immigrants'. Germans have been kings, paupers, refugees, artists, scholars, delicatessans and much more besides.

If you to contribute an image that says something about this fascinating story - something in the public domain, or something much more personal reflecting an individual tale - together with a few words saying what the image means to you.

You can see some of the images that we have already collected ( Protected content ). You can contribute your images directly to Flickr, or simply send them to me if that is simpler ( Protected content ).

Germans in Britain was first on show at the German Historical Institute in London, where it was opened by Neil MacGregor, director of the British Museum, and Joanna Lumley.

This important exhibition will tour to other venues throughout the UK and, with your help, we can grow a significant and compelling digital collection to go alongside.

You can see more about the Migration Museum Project on our website ( Protected content ).

I am looking forward to all contributions!

Many thanks -
Ingrid

London Forum

Our Global Partners