Join now

Immigration to Lagano area in Ticino (Lugano)

We are considering to move to Ticino / Lugano area for good. And we might need good advises/advisors when doing this.

We might start with renting an apartment/house and then take it slowly from there. To get to know the region and waiting for the right house.

It might be nice if somebody could recommend a bank for opening accounts and depots. With a good service level and international. The services we need are elementary. Payments and transfers from Denmark and credit cards.

My wife is a medical doctor from Denmark - and we have been told it might not be easy to work as a medical doctor, because many german and italian medical doctors are "flocking" to Ticino.

I am an experienced CEO and chairman and I expect to keep my work as an "active passive investor = listed shares and private placements" and board positions in Denmark. I expect the Milan Malpensa airport will be very suitable.

We are both rather good in languishes - and my wife will pick up italian rather fast I am sure. She has started. But german and english are very good for her and some french and spanish are in place. And I am a bit behind her - but OK. And we can more or less read italian.

We have 2 girls, 2 and 8, and we have followed a discussion on which choice of schools is the cleverest. And public schools seems to be the cleverest choice - and with canteen.

We are told, that if you place mSFR 1 for investment purposes in a bank, than you can be granted a permission to live in Ticino, because to manage mSFR 1 is considered to be your work then. This might not be true in Ticino. But some advises / consultancy is welcomed.

And by the way - we are looking for housing /whereabouts over the easter period could be the weeks 13 and/or 14 and Protected content from approx. June 20 to Early August. Any help - or websites which you can recommend ?

All the best - and that we together will cope with the Corona.

Troels Peter Troelsen , tel Protected content
email: Protected content

Lugano Forum

Our Global Partners