Join now

Young Canadians Moving to Colombia! (Medellin)

Hello, myself and my partner Emilie have finally decided where we would like to move in the next Protected content . (She is finishing her degree in the medical sector, and I am in the process of selling my small company, home etc.)

At first we were looking at Argentina but with everything going on, plus other details, we shifted our attention towards Colombia. Now, I must admit we haven't visited yet due to COVID, and will visit before making a final decision.

Myself will be teaching english , maybe french as my native language is French. Emilie will be in the medical sector, (still researching for her) if possible.

We would be moving there with approx. 150,000$ Canadian dollars.

My question, as i've been researching over, and over, and over for weeks upon weeks, is citizenship. Or, at least getting visa's.

How difficult is it to gain permanent visa? Everywhere is different. Would appreciate input from somebody who's been through it.

Lastly, the reason we want to move from Canada, is to get away from the "go go go" life style. We don't mind living under average, small apartments, we just want to cruise through life. As of writing, I work Protected content . We don't use social media, barely computers or phones, etc.

Does the Colombia area sound right for us? According to my research it does seem so, but opinions are accepted.

P.S. : I understand i've posted in Medellin area, we were more looking into Santa Marta, but would start in Medellin / Bogota area first. We speak Spanish well, not fluent, but well.

Cheers to everybody reading and supporting us.

Thank you.

Medellin Forum

Our Global Partners