Join now

Moving to Miami from DC...help!

Hi Everyone,

I have a great opportunity to relocate to Miami from DC for my current job and am so excited. I need to move asap (by the end of May). I am torn about living in South Beach vs. North Miami Beach vs. Coral Gables. I won't have a car so I need to be somewhere that has everything within walking distance, has a neighborhood feel, is diverse, and is safe for a single 30 year old woman to walk around. I will be working from home but need to be within 30 minutes of Miami International Airport as required by my job since I will be traveling for work. I am into more of a relaxed vibe and like to be surrounded by a more mature crowd 30+. Somewhere I can go for a cup of coffee, grab a great book, meet new people, listen to some live music or lounge, or a nice drink and dinner every now and then. I would love to be near the beach, but I did hear that SoBe is a bit crazy although I heard neighborhoods located on Jefferson, Michigan, and Alton are great options. I also heard that Coral Gables is fabulous, especially the Miracle Mile, but it is harder to get around without a car and more families live there. If anyone has any insight that would be great! Thanks, Goldie

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Miami Forum