The Bombay Gym Blitz 6-a-side International Tournament is an exclusive football event hosted for expats and consulates held at the Bombay Gymkhana Grounds, Mumbai.
This year again we are attempting to get more teams from out of Mumbai and India, however we will ensure it... will have an amateur & fun feel to it. We will stop at 32 teams and the tournament will be over two days. Starting on Friday evening under floodlights and finishing the tournament on Saturday evening, with a big party afterwards. The event will have a very fun, festive atmosphere with music and beer flowing.
The participation fee is Rs 15,000 which includes:
- Entry fee per team.
- Dinner on Friday evening and lunch on Saturday during the tournament. Refreshments will also be served besides these meals.
- This cost will also include the party which is on Saturday night which will have a buffet dinner. Alcohol will be sold at subsidized cost
The Format is as follows:
- Each team to have a maximum of 11 registered players. It is not necessary that all players have to be from the same country. Many teams do have locals to make up numbers or improve the quality of the team.
- 8 groups of 4 team each.
- Each team plays each other in every group.
- Top 2 teams from each group go into Main Cup.
- Bottom 2 teams go into the Plate competition.
- Main cup and Plate is played in a Knock-out format.
We would be grateful if you could forward this mail to your team mates, besides also spreading the word to other expats in Mumbai and across India. I can imagine this being a good fun and sporty outing for any expats that reside in India.
We are also re-introducing the ladies football tournament this year. In the inaugural year we had a British Ladies football team from Delhi participating. If you know of any ladies team wanting to take part then they will be more than welcome.
We are assuming that after the success we have had over the last 3 years the slots will fill up quite. Please do confirm at the earliest to guarantee your teams entry.