Join now

Internations Party - 29.12.14, On the Rocks (Muscat)

hi... after being a member for over 3 years, i finally managed to get myself to attend the my first internations get together.....at " on the rocks" ....since it was the last party before new years.....i went with hopes to make new friends and meet interesting people....

boy was i disappointed....OR rather not disappointed as the evening turned out to be exactly i had envisioned it all this time - people sticking to each other and not warm enough to welcome any one new....well one might say what you expect the first time! i would say open arm welcome to people who come in new.....not that i did not make attempt to mingle but apart from a cursory nod or smile all i experienced was cold shoulders....

well i am not going make this a sorry story but i would like the organisers to take notice of many others whom i saw come alone sit alone and then leave early cos no one was willing to be welcoming and warm towards them....to quote a comments from a couple "the most boring evening ever" ......i am sure there are many out there who may have experienced the same....well i have chosen to voice it as well ........

events like this is to build bohemia among the lot....the least the organising members can do is get the new people to be introduced around.....anything that wouldn't let people feel un-welcomed.....

i do apologies if any of my comments are offensive or hurt anyone sentiments.....thats not the intent...but to let people know and appreciate the spirit of such gatherings.....

seasons greeting and good wishes for the new year to all .....

Muscat Forum

Our Global Partners