Join now

Safe commuting to work in Westlands (Nairobi)

Hey everyone!

I'm starting an internship in Nairobi Feb 2nd and I have started looking for a place to stay for 6 months. The office is in Westlands (Chiromo Road) but the area seems quite expensive, so I'm trying to figure out where the best location would be.

Which areas in Nairobi have good commuting connections to Westlands and are safe to live in? Is it safe to travel by bus to and from? The traffic is horrible in Nairobi, so I'm also interested in walking. Would you say walking is safe in that area? I'm not interested in buying a car, so I guess the buses or walking are my only choices...

After I have figured out the best location for an apartment I'll start looking for furnished apartments and room-mates, but if you already have good tips for affordable housing (under 40k) or are in need of room-mates starting from February (females only, preferably in their 20s or 30s), I'd be happy to hear from you!

Thank you in advance for any tips you might have and I'm looking forward to seeing you at InterNation-events!