EVENT: CORRELATION BETWEEN TURKIC PEOPLE AND NATIVE AMERICANS: COMMON ROOTS? (New York)
- The Redhawk Native American Arts Council : Protected content
- Ozan Evren - Protected content
- Ilhan Sami Ozulu,Phd, Washington,DC- Melodies from Central Asia
Date: January 26th, Protected content
Time: 6.00 pm
Location: Turkish Center, Protected content Nations Plaza, New York, Protected content
* Moderator: Professor Turker Ozdogan ,George Washington University
- Mr. Frank Keel, Director, Eastern Region, Bureau of Indian Affairs,
U.S. Department of the Interior.
Title of the Talk: Potential Business and Cultural Advancement between
Turkic Nation and Native American Nations / Experience in Turkey?
- Mr. Brian Paterson, President, United South and Eastern Tribes &
Bear Clan Representative to the Oneida Indian Nation's Men's Council
and Clan Mothers
Title of the Talk: " Cultural Value and Identity in 21st Century"
- Prof. Marjorie Mandelstam Balzer , Georgetown University Editor,
Anthropology and Archeology of Eurasia
Title of the Talk: "Extending Turkic Identity? Siberian Turkic
Peoples, Ancestral Migrations, and Native American Roots".
- Associate Prof. Carol Chiago Lujan - Arizona State University,
Founding Director of the American Indian Studies Program;
Title of the Talk: "Visual Reflections of Navajo and American Indians"
-Prof. Timur Kocaoglu, Michigan State University – Visiting Scholar
Title of the Talk:"Searching for the Possible Linguistic Correlations
Between the Turks and the American Indian Peoples?"