FYI - Below is info regarding career opportunities in education in multiple USA cities. They have a webinar on December 12th to provide details about the job. Please contact their recruiter Erin Keller ( Protected content ) if you have any questions.
-------------------------------------------- Protected content
I am a recruiter for The Broad Residency in Urban Education, a career opportunity focused on improving public education by placing business professionals into management positions in the education industry. Many of the professionals have MBAs, have worked in the private sector, and use this opportunity to transition into impactful work. Simultaneous to the career placement, the program provides two years of training, networking, and executive coaching to support the transition.
On December 12th, we are hosting a live webinar discussing this opportunity. If you know other talented professionals who might be interested, can you forward this information to them?
To register for the webinar click here: Protected content
The website is also a great source for information: Protected content
The management decisions that education organizations make have a tremendous impact on teachers and the lives of the students they serve. These organizations need strong leaders who understand the complexities of successful management and can bring their experiences, innovation and best practices to public education. Education industry experience is NOT required.
The Broad Residency is a leadership development program that addresses this need. Now in its tenth year, over ninety percent of Broad Residency alumni still work in education and continue to positively impact student achievement as leaders in the industry.
Associate Director, Recruitment and Selection
The broad center
Protected content Boulevard
Los Angeles, California Protected content
Did You Know:
•1.2 million American students drop out of school every year?
•70% of 8th graders cannot read at grade level?
•Teaching is not the only way to make a difference in education?
Highlights of The Broad Residency in Urban Education
· Job Placement with a School District, Charter Management Organization, or Federal/State Department of Education. Residents work as managers reporting to the superintendent or a senior manager. Opportunities in general management as well as functional areas (HR, finance, operations, etc) are available nationwide.
· Executive Coaching. Participants receive one-on-one executive coaching, Protected content , advisory team support and other leadership development opportunities.
· Professional Development. Participate in eight professional development sessions at locations across the country. Cases, site visits, lectures, expert panels, and interactive projects are utilized to ensure Residents understand the context of urban education as well as best practices in the private and public sectors.
· $85,000 – $95,000 Salary. Residents are full-time employees of the hiring organization receiving full benefits and annual salaries between $85,000 – $95,000.
· Access to National Network. Regularly meet and confer with other Residents, Broad Center staff, as well as leaders in the private and social sector.
· Not just a job, a meaningful career. Residents make immediate contributions to improving student achievement and operational excellence in their organizations as they work their way to senior leadership positions.