You know you're a TCK (Third Culture Kid) when:
1) You struggle to answer the question "where are you from?"
2) You speak two (or more) languages but can't spell in them.
3) You are asked, "Where are you from?" has more than one reasonable answer
4) You feel odd being in the ethnic majority
5) You look like everyone else around you but still don’t fit in
6) You have the urge to move to a new place every couple of years
7) You go into culture shock upon returning to your "home" country
8) You have a passport, but no driver's license
9) You don't know where home is (besides saying, “planet earth”, which is usually not accepted)
10) Your life story uses the phrase "Then we moved to..." three (or four, or five...) times.
11) You think VISA is a document that's stamped in your passport, not a plastic card you carry in your wallet.
12) You sort your friends by continent not color or religion.
13) You believe vehemently that football is played with a round, spotted ball.
14) You feel that multiple passports would be appropriate.
15) Half of your phone calls are unintelligible to those around you.
16) You know the geography of the rest of the world, but you don't know the geography of your “own” country.
17) You've gotten out of school because of monsoons, bomb threats, and/or popular demonstrations.
18) You often speak of your “home” country in the third person as if it were not yours.
19) You constantly get labeled being from another country than “yours”. (Usually one you lived in at one point.)
20) You have friends from more than 30 different countries.
21) You realize it really is a small world, after all.
Feel free to add.
Also posted on World Forum: