Inside information about living in Oslo
Me and my family (boyfriend, 2,5 years old son and 4 months old daughter) currently live in France (Paris). Chances are we'll be moving to Oslo within a few months. Because I don't know anybody in Oslo yet and because I can use some inside information, I'm looking to come in contact with people who want to help me.
Questions that have come to my attention are:
- Is there a large foreign (or even Dutch) community in Oslo?
- Are there any expat platforms to join?
- What is a good area to live for a family with young children (or in what area do many expats live)?
- Does anybody have any experience with bilingual or English eduction for young children?
- What are the chances for me to find a part time job (by preference in communication) without speaking any Norwegian?