Join now

Australian Wanting to stay in France!! Send Help!! (Paris)

Gday all! My name is Remi Kirkpatrick and i come from Donnybrook, Western Australia. I have been living in France with my French girlfriend for the past eleven months while travelling and working around this beautiful country. My predicament is thus; I am about to finish the one year visa that i was given to work and live in France. The problem is...i LOVE this country! (and my girlfriend of course!!) I am currently looking for ways in which i may be able to stay here, whether it enables me to work as well as travel and simply 'be' here, or if it just enables me to remain in France... I am trying the avenue of talking with my local government, but i am not able to speak 100% French, and this situation is a difficult one to explain to anyone! I suppose i have two questions to ask all you Aussies still living here; Firstly, Are any of you aware of whether or not it is possible to have a "tourist-3-month" travel visa to stay in France, once my one year visa has ended. And by that i mean, i simply go to a local prefecture and once my visa has ended, they simply see me as a tourist and i am able to continue living (but not working) in France for three months. Secondly, is anyone able to direct me to someone i can talk to in the legal or immigration sector of France, that is able to speak English and potentially help me to try and have an extension visa to stay and live in France. There are many personal reasons as to why i want to stay in this country, my partner, the culture, the food, the people, the history, the language... there are so many reasons... of which i am sure you are all aware... but honestly i also miss my family terribly back home and would love to visit them sometime soon. Of course with covid 19, it is almost impossible for me to visit back home and return here. That means that i face possibly 6 months or more of separation from my girlfriend once my visa ends in France and i have to return home, ALSO i must pay an obscene sum of money once i land in Perth to confine in a hotel for two weeks. Somewhere around the sum of $2,300. I am desperate here, honestly and help or advice would be welcome! Thank you for anyone that has taken the time to read this message! I wish you all the best and hope that you are all well and safe during this difficult time.

Paris Forum

Our Global Partners